Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Day 55: I Get By....



The theme of the last few weeks have been about support from my friends, family and the online Helminthic Therapy community. For resources on where to join these groups follow this link: https://helminthictherapywiki.org/wiki/index.php/Helminthic_therapy_support_groups. The Facebook group has been a real lifeline through this process.

From day 45-53 I've had off-and-on debilitating stomach cramping and gas. I'm glad I have supportive friends and family who know what I'm trying with helminthic therapy, and are generally interested and sympathetic to the process.

Doing this without Prednisone was tough and last weekend Saturday and Sunday afternoons around 2PM I was so uncomfortable I just had to sit in a bathtub for like three hours. My girlfriend jokes that now I know what having a period is like! =-P



About a week ago when I was thinking how I could convince my doctor to prescribe me Prednisone, I read on the Helminthic Therapy Facebook Group that high potency Vitamin D was just as effective in treating the side effects. This sparked my interested and I ordered 50,000IU Vitamin D (which is REALLY a lot). The label says to take it only once a week unless prescribed by a doctor. I took one pill last Saturday and by Sunday night the nearly constant cramping had ceased! I was able to enjoy a Memorial Day BBQ eating everything (still avoiding drinking).

I'm planning to take one 50,000IU pill every 5 days for a few weeks (10,000IUs is the Max. recommended per day based on my research) until I get through the worst of these side effects.




1 comment: